A family visitor may visit a family member in the UK who is a:
- spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
- grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
- spouse or civil partner’s father, mother, brother or sister;
- son or daughter’s spouse or civil partner;
- stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
- a person they have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day of applying.
The UK family member must:
be a British citizen;be settled in the UK;have been granted asylum in the UK; orhave Humanitarian Protection status.