General/Adult/Higher Education (Tier 4 – General)

General/Adult/Higher Education (Tier 4 – General)

The Tier 4 (Child) student category is for children coming to the UK to be educated between four and 17 years old. Children between four and 15 years old must be educated at independent fee-paying schools.

This category of student visa is for students coming to the UK for post-16 education. A Tier 4 (General) student must be at least 16 years old.


Get In Touch

  • Requirements

    Applicants must meet the full requirements of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total.

    This includes having a confirmed offer of study from a licenced education provider (sponsor) and sufficient funds (maintenance) and accommodation.

    Points required: 40

    Applicants must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor.

    30 points

    You must have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance or funds)

    10 points

    Tier 4 Sponsors

    To apply under Tier 4, the applicant must have a Tier 4 sponsor. All Tier 4 sponsors need a licence from the Home Office to be able to provide courses for international students. Once they get a licence, they are added to the Tier 4 register of sponsors.

    A student’s Tier 4 sponsor will assign the student a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number, which is an official and unconditional offer of a place on a course of study.

    Money (also known as Maintenance or Funds)

    Student visa holders do not have access to most state benefits (known as public funds) so must have enough money to support themselves whilst studying in the UK. The amount of money needed will depend on the length of your course and where the course is.

Popular Countries