The applicant must apply in two stages.
Apply to the province or territory, which will review the application based on two things:
- its immigration needs and
- if the applicant really plans to live there.
Requirements in each province varies from province to province.
Generally, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- make a personal investment of at least $150,000 to $400,000 CAD to
- establish, purchase and/or expand an eligible business
- create new jobs for locals
- provide active and on-going participation in management of the business,
- have the required personal net worth
- have relevant management or business experience
2. Apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence.
Successful applicants can get permanent residence