The Skilled — Recognised Graduate Visa is a temporary visa that allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in Australia.
To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must:
- be younger than 31 years of age
- have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years (see The Visa Centre for a current list)
- not have held a Skilled Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) before (unless as a dependent family member)
- demonstrate English language ability (eg IELTS 6)
- meet health and character requirements.
- have completed an engineering qualification within the last two years that is either:
- bachelor’s degree
- master’s degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma.
The qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering.
This visa allows the successful applicant and any dependent family members to stay in Australia for up to 18 months and do any/all of the following:
- enrol in further professional studies
- study to improve English skills