The Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887) is for people who have an eligible visa and have lived for at least two years and worked for at least one year in a specified regional area.
- have lived for at least two years in a specified regional area of Australia
- have worked full time for 12 months in a specified regional area of Australia
- hold a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489), a Skilled Regional visa (subclasses 475, 487), a Skilled Independent visa (subclass 495), or a Skilled Designated Area visa (subclass 496) or
- hold a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa.
This is a permanent residence visa. It allows you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted