This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution and allows them to work in Australia.
This visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream – for international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
- Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.
Applicants for this visa must:
- be younger than 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa (eg subclass 572, 573, or 574)
- provide evidence of having at least competent English
- meet the Australian study requirement in the prior six months
- meet health and character requirements
- have health insurance in Australia
- meet the specific requirements of the particular stream