Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the parent and grandparent super visa.
Super Visas are valid for up to 10 years, allowing a Parent or Grandparent a maximum 2-year stay per visit.
A spouse or partner may also be joined in the application, but no other dependants.
Requirements for the applicant
The applicant must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- be allowed to enter Canada
- be a genuine visitor, intending to leave at the end of the stay eg
- have ties to the home country
- have a genuine valid purpose
- have an invitation from a Canadian host
- have Canadian health insurance and meet other health requirements
- meet certain other conditions.
Requirements for the child/grandchild
The child/grandchild in Canada must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- meet the minimum income threshold
- provide a written statement that he or she will give the applicant financial support
This visa entitles the successful applicant to visit Canada for up to two years without renewal and can be renewed for up to ten years.