The Federal Skilled Trades Worker Visa is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
- industrial, electrical and construction trades,
- maintenance and equipment operation trades,
- supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec (there is a separate category for working in Quebec)
- meet the English or French language requirements (for speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in an eligible skilled trade within the five years before applying
- meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) and
- have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or
a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.