According to a recent press release, the US Government allows certain qualified US non-immigrant visa (temporary visa) applicants in Bangladesh to renew their visas without an interview with a US Consular Officer.
The program is only provided to applicants for renewing their US visas (not for new applicants) and applies to applicants meeting the following criteria:
- Citizens or residents of Bangladesh currently residing in Bangladesh;
- Applying for same type of visa as previous issued on or after January 1, 2008;
- No visa refusals in any category since their previous visa;
- No previous visas revoked, lost or stolen;
- No violations of US immigration laws and/or regulations;
- No change of details such as name, date and place of birth, and nationality since the last visa was issued.
For further information or assistance with visa renewals or new applications, contact us.