From 9 June this year, Immigration New Zealand’s List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3) and the Long Term Skill Shortage List (Appendix 4) will be updated.
The following country lists in Appendix 3 will be updated. (This refers to qualifications from those countries that don’t require separate assessment):
- Ireland (Academic Qualifications)
- Ireland (Technical Craft Related Qualifications)
- People’s Republic of China
- South Africa
- South Pacific
- Sri Lanka and
- United States of America.
Some notable points include:
- Addition of BSc in Nursing from India (to be referred to NZQA for assessment)
- Several qualifications from Ireland added
- Qualifications from China including Veterinary Science qualifications and MBA
For some only minor technical changes are made. For Sri Lanka it is noted that qualifications from institutes outside Sri Lanka should be referred to NZQA for additional International Qualification Assessments.
On the Long Term Skill Shortage List, it has been amended to add a note about Engineering requirements regarding Washington Accord accredited degrees.