The Government of ACT has released its new occupations list for the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa for 2016/17. This Visa is a permanent visa which allows you to reside anywhere in the territory. Offering a wider range of occupations than the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa – you can potentially have any occupation on the CSOL (Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List) which has over 600 occupations versus the SOL (Skilled Occupations List) with around 190.
You also receive an extra 5 points for the state nomination.
On top of this, Occupational Ceilings do not apply to state nominated visas, and you will receive priority when it comes to SkillSelect.
Which Occupations Have Been Added?
Occupations have been added in the specialisations of HR, design, engineering and real estate.
Most of these occupations are not on the SOL, and are difficult to obtain nomination for in other states and territories.
If your occupation is in one of these categories, ACT nomination could be a great opportunity for you:
- 132111 Corporate Service Manager
- 223111 Human Resource Adviser
- 223112 Recruitment Consultant
- 223113 Workplace Relations Adviser
- 232411 Graphic Designer
- 232412 Illustrator
- 232413 Multimedia Designer
- 232414 Web Designer
- 233511 Industrial Engineer
- 233512 Mechanical Engineer
- 233513 Production or Plant Engineer
- 612114 Real Estate Agent
- 612115 Real Estate Representative
Which Occupations Have Been Removed?
Occupations have been removed in the specialisations of marketing, hospitality, management consulting, nursing and legal.
- 131112 Sales and Marketing Manager
- 131113 Advertising Manager
- 131114 Public Relations Manager
- 133211 Engineering Manager
- 141111 Cafe or Rest Manager (excl fast food)
- 222312 Financial Investment Manager
- 224412 Policy Analyst
- 224711 Management Consultant
- 224712 Organisation and Methods Analyst
- 271311 Solicitor
- 411411 Enrolled Nurse
- 411412 Mothercraft Nurse
How do I qualify for ACT Nomination?
Apart from having a skills assessment in an occupation on the ACT list, you would generally need to provide evidence of:
- Sufficient funds to settle in ACT
- Evidence of your employability in ACT
- English language ability
- If you currently live in Australia, you may need to show that you have been resident in Canberra or studied there for a certain amount of time
The release of the ACT Occupations List will be a great opportunity for those who have skills which are in demand in Canberra.
If you would like more information on applying for Skilled Migration to Australia, please call Shihara on +94777633944.