Free Online Assessment

Canada Express Entry is now ‘live’! Breaking News from‎ our Canadian Consultants

Posted on January  02 , 2015

The new selection system for immigration to Canada, Express Entry  has just opened!

There are many factors that determine your calculated score under Express EntrySo, here is a quick reminder of what you NEED to be ready for your Express Entry registration:

 1.Determine your NOC code and indicate your years of work experience.

Applicants must demonstrate that they have worked at least one year in a skilled occupation within the past 10 years under a skilled level occupation (NOC 0, A, B).  Jobs in Canada are classified by what are called National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes, which are divided by skill level and skill type.  Find your occupation here and ensure your NOC code is type 0, A or B

2. Get your proof of Language Skills in order.

For the Federal Skilled Worker program, IELTS results must be from the General Version, with a score of at least 6.0 in each of the four attributes, and your test result cannot be more than two years old.

Your CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) score is NOT based on your IELTS score.  Please refer to the link for an accurate CLB score:

If you are married your spouse should also write a language skills exam to increase your chance of success, although he/she does not require a minimum threshold score.

If you are applying under a Skilled Trade, then you do NOT require a language test.  However, if you do provide a test score, you could certainly increase your chances of being invited to apply.

Federal Skilled Trades currently eligible are organized under these major groups of the NOC:

▪                     Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,

▪                     Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,

▪                     Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production, and

▪                     Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.

3. Ensure you have your Education assessed.

YOU must have your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) completed by a CIC-authorized organization:

1.  University of Toronto:

2.  ICES;

3.  WES:

If you are married your spouse should also obtain his/her ECA to increase your chance of success.

4. Start working on your detailed CV.

You must be ready at any time to present and submit a detailed CV, which reflects your work experience, skills and other pertinent information relating to your registration.  You will also need your CV when you register for the Job Bank, within 30 days of your Express Entry registration.

CIC will begin its first draw of names towards the end of January 2015. 

 Are you ready?

Source: Farrol Consulting.

Aileen J. Farrol of Farrol Consulting is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and The  Visa Centre (Pvt) Ltd’s CEO is a registered agent.