As of 1 July 2014, a three year validity period will be applied for skills assessments issued by assessing authorities for the purpose of visa applications. The validity period may be shorter if specified on the assessment.
Most skills assessment did not have validity periods in the past, unlike IELTS English test results. Therefore the three year validity period is said to align with the three year validity period for English Language tests.
A skills assessment must be valid at the time of lodgement for the following visas:
- Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) visa
- Direct Entry stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)visa
- Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
A skills assessment must be valid at the time of invitation to apply for the following visas:
- Skilled—Independent (subclass 189) visa
- Skilled—Nominated (subclass 190) visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa.
These changes do not affect the Temporary Work (Skilled)(subclass 457) visa.
For information about skills assessments and Australian migration, contact us.