Free Online Assessment

Part Time Work

Many tertiary students in Denmark engage in part time work. International (Non-EU/EEA/Swiss) students may work in Denmark for up to 15 hours a week and full-time during the university summer holidays. However, this requires a work permit (not just a student visa). People must be aged 18 or over to be eligible for a work permit. Chances of employment are better if you speak Danish. Some international students find part time work in bars or restaurants. Others distribute newspapers, work in telemarketing or get jobs where specific foreign language skills are required. Some students are lucky enough to find employment relevant to their studies. .